Take action to Free Marissa Alexander!
(Download this list as a pdf handout!)
- Now that Marissa won her appeal and her guilty verdict has been overturned, help us urge the state to DROP THE CASE by writing to Angela Corey, Gov. Rick Scott, and Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi.
- Donate to Marissa’s legal defense fund at www.justice4marissa.com and help her win the re-trial.
- Write to Marissa and tell her you support her! Her faith is still strong and she would gladly receive your genuine support. You can send your card or letter to:
P. O. Box 23872
Jacksonville, FL 32257
You are welcome to download and mail this sample note card! Address updates and more details can be found here: ttp://freemarissanow.tumblr.com/letters
- Take action against mass incarceration and domestic violence! Organize discussions and workshops about domestic and sexual violence, explore community strategies for safety and support, resist the criminalization of our communities.
- Urge your campus, organization, union, faith community, collective, or business to endorse the call to Free Marissa Alexander. Endorse here or e-mail us know at email@example.com so we can add them to the growing list of supporters.
- Sign this petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/florida-governor-rick-scott-free-marissa-alexander
- Spread the word with friends, families, communities, co-workers, and via social media. Take direct action! Organize a march and rally, a speak out, a flash mob dance party, a concert, a block party, or a fundraiser. Use media! Create zines, short videos, postcards, music, and poetry. If you are part of a faith community, join community prayer sessions for Marissa’s freedom and mobilize your community.
- Write letters to the editor to your local news media. Blog, tweet, and spread the word on social media. #freemarissanow
- Join us! We’re holding bimonthly conference calls to build an international mobilization to Free Marissa. For more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know what you’re up to! Stay in touch at email@example.com, facebook.com/freemarissanow, and freemarissnow.tumblr.com.
More about the Free Marissa Now Mobilization Campaign:
Campaign goals include: free Marissa Alexander from prison and reunite her with family, increase information about her unjust incarceration, increase education and prevention of domestic violence, and support anti-violence strategies that do not increase the criminalization of survivors of violence.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and stay in touch at facebook.com/freemarissanow and freemarissanow.tumblr.com.